English environment of course cannot be performed in an instance way but it can be done in a SHORT time if you do these simple steps:
1. Start from the simplest thing, make any sign in English (for example: lecturer’s room, toilet (man and woman), head/chief of department’s room, meeting room, etc)
2. Make a commitment to speak in English every day. At first we can combine with Indonesian, for example: in the first week: English 50% and Indonesian 50%, the second week: English 75% and Indonesian 25%, until you can speak in English 100%.
3. Send SMS in English to your friends.
4. Use some English terms while teaching.
5. Listen to English song in every free time.
6. Try to teach your children and speak in English with them sometimes.
7. Apply and optimize English Day program, one day per week. After a month or more becomes 2 days a week, and so on. So that our English will improve faster.
LEARNING FROM “GENIUS PEOPLE”
How is the way of genius people to think and to try?
Apparently, there are some positive things that we can take and apply in learning every day.
FIRST, look at a problem from several ways. Never feel satisfied with ordinary ways. Keep trying to find new ways. We will find many new ways and we will find the most practical, effective, and efficient ways.
SECOND, use visualization and metaphor. The ability to visualize a problem is one of the measurements of how genius someone is. WHY? Because of that, s/he can interpret difficult things into simpler form.
THIRD, never stop. The failed people will stop asking, “Why did I fail?” On the contrary, the genius people will ask to themselves, “What have I done?” so, don’t waste your time crying your failure. Optimize time as efficient as possible to rise up from failure.
How is the way? Never stop learning and trying.